What To Expect During Acupuncture
- During the first session, which will take approx take 60 minutes, a full history of your health issue will be discussed along with a session of acupuncture
- Follow up treatments take approx 30 to 45 minutes
- All acupuncture needles are very thin, single use, pre-sterilised & disposable
- Plastic guide tubes are used to ensure pain free and sterile insertion of every needle
- Depending on your health issue massage, cupping, moxabustion, electro-acupuncture and far infra-red lamp maybe included in your treatment
- Your privacy will respected at all times
- During acupuncture you will likely feel relaxed and often fall asleep, snoring is encouraged!
British Acupuncture Council
- I am member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), an organisation that is vetted and approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care
- Entrance to the BAcC requires a high level of training to degree level
- Adherence to a strict Code of Safe Practice and Code of Professional Conduct
- Participation in regular CPD to maintain knowledge to the very highest standard
- Double check to see if any practitioner your considering have acupuncture treatment with is registered with the BAcC, as many Physiotherapist, Chiropractors, Osteopaths & GP’s see Acupuncture as just add on to their expertise and therefore tend to only only attend a couple of weekend trainings compared to the 4 years of training I completed.