Miscarriage can have a devastating effect on you and your partner.
It’s generally recommended to wait for 3 months before trying to conceive, the important distinction that is often overlooked is that from a TCM point of view there must be treatment to heal and rebalance the body during this period.
Abstinence alone will not improve the woman’s health if there is no treatment given to reverse the emotional and physical effects of a miscarriage.
A course of acupuncture during this period can be extremely helpful as it can help you come to terms with your loss and grief in addition to helping to balance hormones and improve blood flow to uterus and ovaries.
In my experience prognosis is often excellent because the woman is obviously able to conceive and it becomes a matter of providing enough support for her body to finish the job with the birth of a healthy baby.
Acupuncture can help reduce the risk of further miscarriages by:
- increasing the blood flow to the ovaries to nourish the developing follicles and create better egg quality and stronger embryos
- regulating the body’s natural hormonal production which in turn improves ovarian function, egg quality, and proper progesterone levels
- increasing blood flow to the testicles for improved sperm quality to optimize the male’s contribution to embryo quality
Take Action Today:
- Consider having your homocysteine blood levels and Vitamin D blood levels and Magnesium levels checked to ensure you and your partner have optimal levels
- Daily self massage to your stomach and abdomen
- Reduce your stress and release grief and pain by listening to a relaxing meditation
- If suffering from general coldness keep your tummy and lower back warm wearing a Haramaki
- Both you and your partner detox your Liver – the blood cleansing organ
- Ensure both you and your partner fill up on fertility enhancing nutrition
- Further reading
- Call Amanda on 07808 580738 to book a Fertility Consultation
By Amanda Farrar, Abintra Healing From Within – Harrogate Acupuncture Clinic